The purpose of the Assistant Project Developer is to ensure that the NGO office, household runs efficiently on a day-to-day level and to support project development through budget planning, research, fundraising, communications and marketing.
Administration and budget management
- Organise the office and maintain household and office supplies and generally manage the day-to-day running of the organisation;
- Record office, household and farm expenditure, manage the budget and help with budget planning and projections for the year and for new projects;
- Ensure compliance with all administrative requirements relating to the NGO, organise annual Trust meetings, minutes etc.
- Oversee the recruitment and arrival of new volunteers, including induction and any relevant training
- Act as the ‘go-to’ person for volunteers for all practical matters.
- Develop and maintain the volunteer induction pack.
- Develop Saha Astitva’s volunteer and cultural exchange program
Marketing, communications and fundraising
- Maintain and develop Saha Astitva’s website and mailing lists
- Coordinate the creation and publication of all communications materials – annual reviews, fundraising documents etc.
- Research fundraising opportunities, draft grant applications.
- Help research and develop any other revenue streams – product creation and marketing, eco-tourism etc.
Education and skills:
- Graduate level or qualification in office administration.
- Very strong interpersonal skills: good oral and written communication skills, able to maintain a harmonious environment, empathetic and adaptable.
- Excellent IT skills in office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases, and desktop publishing.
- Good time management and organisational skills;
- Problem solving and project management ability.
- Able to work autonomously and show initiative
- Strong work ethic and highly motivated
- Able to adapt and adopt a flexible, patient attitude when working in extreme and adverse conditions!
- Awareness of and interest in cross-cultural issues, nature, ecology and conservation, and organic farming.
- Drivers license
Experience: Prior experience in an administrative, communications or marketing capacity
Conditions: At least a 3 month commitment; position is available as an internship
Location: Gorad Village, near Ganeshpuri, Thane District, Maharashtra (60km from Mumbai)
Start date: As soon as possible
Contact details: Kalyani and Daniel Uppendahl at email@example.com