The Saha Astitva Foundation is benefiting the environment through:
* creating sustainable year-round organic farming practices, in harmony with nature, through water efficient irrigation, using the largely available amount of clean ground water through the use of borewells
* planting trees on the farm and locally
* encouraging land use for sustainable practices and demonstrating best practice ourselves.
In the first four months we have:
- created our structures (frame for barn and fene materials) from recycled steel and used minimal concrete. These were all constructed ‘in-situ’.
- planted Beaugonvillia hedge to blend the fence into the landscape.
- planted 150 trees sourced from local nurseries.
- minimised the use of motorised transport.
- maximised use of bamboo in structures.
- infused the soil with vermiculture, EMs and other organic matter