September – January 2010.
- Secure funding to make shelter into full barn with floors, walls and thatching, with three rooms for volunteer accommodation (in roof), kitchen and bathroom.
- Begin growing vegetables
- Install borewell and make dam in seasonal river touching the border.
- Secure funding to install solar system for all power needs.
- Move electrical wires to boundary. (to be reviewed)
- Begin activities with children of Learning Space supplementary education.
- Create shaded beds for protection from sun.
- Begin growing medicinal ayurvedic herbs for local doctor.
- Investigate local and city markets for surplus produce and cash crops.
- Help start Mumbai Organic Farmers and Consumers Association (MOFCA)
- Introduce a cow and calf and make eco-gaushala
- Introduce vedic farming techniques (agni hotr)
Still outstanding (complete barn upgrade; install solar power systems for all power needs) – moved to phase 3 plan.