What to Bring
Ganeshpuri is a small village of which there is not much in or near to buy, nor an ATM. For this reason, enough rupees to cover your monthly costs of transportation, accommodation and food as well as any necessary food or luxury items must be obtained before coming to Saha Astitva.
Here is a list of things one will need to have before arriving to Ganeshpuri:
- Sleeping bag (and pillow if you need one)
- Headlamp or flashlight and extra batteries for it
- Appropriate clothing
- Head protection from the sun (hat, light colored scarf, etc.)
- Wet weather gear (monsoon months): waterproof jacket, shoes, umbrella, etc.
- Luxury food items you might miss (coffee, pasta, jams, etc.) as well as any entertainment items (books, iPod, laptop, etc.)
- Toiletries: All natural soaps,shampoo and toothpaste as well as good mosquito repellent (we make some for ourselves out of coconut oil, and essential oils of citronella, orange and camphor)
**For women: please bring your preferred feminine hygiene products from home for they can be difficult to purchase in our area.